Sunday, September 13, 2020

I Will Never Watch Dancing With the Stars Again

 


They recently announced the new lineup for Dancing With the Stars.  The people I would've been interested to see (because I like these people) are...

  • Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson
  • actress Justina Machado (One Day at a Time)
  • Emmy-winning host of The Real and sideline correspondent on Holey MoleyJeannie Mai
  • Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir
...but since I lost all respect for the show, the judges, and the producers the last time I watched the show, I will not be watching and never will again, no matter who they put on.

What happened was James Van Der Beek was in the bottom two, along with some female.  I can't remember her name.  The judges then were able to save one of them, and they chose her.

I knew something was fishy right there.  James was at least twice as good as she was, probably more.  They were supposed to be making their decision based on EVERYTHING the "stars" had done on the show up to that point, not just on one dance.  The judges chose incorrectly, and I knew they were being phonies and liars.  I lost all respect for all of the judges at that point.

I Googled to see what was going on.  Someone said that they thought the show had chosen that female as their "darling" for the season, and the person guessed that it was related to some upcoming project.  A short time later, it was shown to be true.  There was some kind of show with her that was being made.  I don't even know who won, and I don't care, but at that point in the show, they wanted to keep her in no matter what.  

I know I could research her name or other details, but I'm too tired at the moment.  I just wanted to say this while I was thinking about it...the show is crooked, rigged, and fake.  I never felt that before, but I did when James Van Der Beek was eliminated.  I don't trust anything about DWTS anymore, and never will.