Saturday, March 25, 2017

Sometimes Joy Can Quickly Turn to Sorrow


As I just posted here...

http://christinabambinaspositivityquotes.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-songs-of-cheerful-birds.html

...I was feeling somewhat joyful for a few moments today.  But then my gratitude for the simple things in life was marred by my thoughts of all of our dear loved ones who have passed, and how they can't be here to experience the same joy.

I know they are fine.  We who are left behind are the ones who are not fine.  

The joy I was feeling quickly turned to tears.  Maybe I'm just having an emotional day, and joy and sadness are two intense sides of the same coin, so both came readily to me today.

I need to learn how to hold on to joy for longer periods of time.  Not sure how to do that, but I keep trying.