Friday, October 9, 2015

Happy Birthday Kim - Thank You for Everything

 
Tomorrow would've been Kim's 45th birthday, but I wanted to write this now, in case I'm too busy tomorrow.
 
A lovely necklace that my best friend Barbara gave me (that I'm going to wear tomorrow) is a heart with an inner heart that flips.  One side is engraved "Kim" and the other side says "When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure."
 
I wish I could say that I could just treasure the memories.  I mean, I do, but they also bring me pain.  It will probably always be that way, for some of us.
 
One thing I do feel is that I need to honor Kim's memory by trying to be okay, and by doing what I can to help her son and others.  This might sound strange, but I felt her presence early this morning when I was working on some of my work projects (more on that soon).  I felt that she was right by my side, giving me ideas and inspiration.  I've felt that before and also received what I believe are signs from her and other people we've lost (http://christinabambinasays.blogspot.com/2015/10/i-believe-in-signs-of-love-and-support.html).  I actually had a feeling of peace come over me today, and I feel it came directly from Kim.
 
Kim, it's not fair that you are gone.  We will miss you forever.  
 
This is just a song I love and a lyric that made me think of Kim today:
 
Journey - Wheel in the Sky
 
Steve Perry had such a beautiful voice. 
 
The mornin' sun is risin' - it's kissin' the day.